- The Order page displays as two sections to capture the Order details and Modality details.
- Order Details include completion of compulsory fields and optional fields to capture the responsible clinician details, contact numbers, copy to doctors etc.
- Enter clinical details generic for the request such as: mobility of the patient; allergies; weight details and any information that will support the triaging of the request. Some details can be auto-populated from the patient record.
- Select Modality: The modality options match the codes associated with the RIS. The detail associated with the mode are captured, e.g for CT scan – body part; clinical details; serum creatinine, eGFR; urgency etc.
Eclair Requests (eRequests/eReferrals)
Eclair can also manage digital orders for other diagnostic procedures. Forms are designed to manage the workflow and ordering for each procedure, and capture the necessary details to assist with prioritisation of the request by the service provider., such as Cardiology, Respiratory and Gastrology Services.
For example procedures may include:
Amaline Challenge; Exercise Tolerance Test, Spirometry; Ambulatory BP Monitor; Dobutamine Stress Echo; Holter Monitor; Telemetry; Bubble / Contrast Echo; Event Recorder; Nuclear Myocardial Perfusion Scan; Transoesophageal Echo; Exercise Stress Echo; Transthoracic Echo; Gastro Procedure
Eclair Triaging (eTriage)
If triaging is not available within the service management system, Eclair can provide this function using the Triage Module.
With Eclair Triaging configured, a procedure will be requested and held in the Eclair system until the triage steps are complete and the procedures are ready to be carried out. If required, an HL7 order message can still be sent to the modality to enable it to perform the procedure.
- An order form for a procedure is built in Eclair that uses the Triaging step and a Triage module is configured to process the request.
- A clinician creates a procedure request using this form.
- The new procedure request appears in the Triage Request module for review.
Eclair’s Triaging module allows the service provider to easily assess and prioritise the request based on department guidelines and the clinical information that has been electronically captured.
- Automatically receive new requests into your department’s Triage list
- Eliminates management of paper and faxed requests
- A single list presents each patient case along with the supporting information
- Improves the efficiency of the triaging process with accurate, complete information for individual assessment of each patient
- Determine the status for each request, i.e. accept, cancel, waitlist, schedule, decline and comment
- Easy management of scheduling and seamless communication back to the requestor on the status of each patient request
- Manage transportation requests as received in each order
- Improves logistics for patient and orderly staff.
Eclair Bloodbank Orders (eBlood)
Blood products are a valuable resource and the ability to minimise wastage wherever possible is extremely important. The advantage of introducing electronic orders for blood product ordering is that it enables healthcare organisations to add decision support into the request process. This facilitates better management of blood product ordering and assists in the reduction of waste.
Eclair’s Blood eOrders module incorporates evidence-based ordering principles based on blood management guidelines as decision support rules into the order request workflow. This provides benefits at the time of order entry and for monitoring trends in order requesting.
The eOrder form is designed to guide the ordering clinician to carefully consider the clinical necessity of the blood product request. For example, when prescribing Red Blood Cells (RBC), the order form highlights the valid Hb result for the patient and the clinician is prompted to choose a compulsory reason for the RBC transfusion.
The patient’s current group and screen plus red cell antibody status results is displayed in the eOrder form. Rules such as the Blood Service sample validity status are applied so that only valid data is presented to the clinician. This guides the user on the viability of the result prior to prompting for additional pre-transfusion testing.
The use of pre-populated and compulsory fields assists with the accurate capture of information required for the order. For example blood management guidelines mandate the capture of patient ID and details of transfusion and obstetric history.
Essential prescribing details are captured as well such as quantity, when the blood products are required and where they should be sent to. The Blood Bank department receives complete information (via HL7) with the eOrder to support dispensing of the right blood product the right patient at the right time. This assures the safety of patients and assists with the delivery of a quality service.
Optional BloodBank Registrations module
For Blood Bank departments that do not have a module capable of receiving HL7 order messages, Eclair offers an optional module to manage incoming requests for blood products. It provides a dashboard view in priority order, highlighting the status of the order to assist the lab with processing of work in their LIS.
Post order utilisation report
Order request data is extracted from Eclair, e.g. ordering clinician, which product(s) were ordered, the corresponding lab result and the reason for the request. The collated information can then be used as an education tool to advise clinicians on best practice.