Manager / Assistant Warehouse Manager
Key Job Purpose:
The incumbent is responsible for the efficient receiving and stocking of inbound freight, and coordinating the selection and loading of product in the cost-effective manner. Ensure quality and safety standards are strictly adhered to and manage associate staffing.
Summary of Functional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake various local and regional projects to improve logistics and supply chain efficiency and seek operational cost reduction
- Monthly analysis of slow moving and short shelf life inventory
- Coordinate and execute cycle count and stock-take activities and ensure high level of accuracy
- Coordinate with 3rd party logistics and work closely with Production
- Coordinate Spare parts management with planner
- Monitor the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization and protection of equipment. Make recommendations for improvements.
- Control day-to-day operations of the warehouse including receiving, storing and deliveries.
- Supervise staffs to ensure all warehouse activities, and all machines and equipment are operated safely.
- Orchestrate and make disposition of Non-Conforming materials.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of a team of Warehouse Assistants who receive, handle, put-away, record and dispatch goods in the warehouse.
- Manage inbound and outbound logistics operations including transporter management.
- Ensure all relevant licenses are up to date (HSA, Poison)
- Assist to establish warehouse annual budget and ensure adherence
- Any other, as assigned by management from time to time
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain Management or Warehouse Management or equivalent.
- At least 5 – 8 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Able to travel as required.
- Knowledge of SAP and WMS.
- Able to work on weekend or overtime where necessary.
- Meticulous and have sense of urgency.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Motivated to improve work processes
Interested candidates are invited to write in with a detailed resume stating current and expected salary package to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.