Application Specialist (Hematology)
Key Job Purpose:
Participate in the development and co-management of hematology strategies for Sysmex in Asia Pacific as well as to support the Sales and Marketing team in achieving the sales/marketing target of Sysmex’s Hematology business units annually.
Provide technical assistance, troubleshooting, and training to existing & potential users of Sysmex products and to distribution channels in the region. He/she will have to work closely with local team, corporate team and representatives of distributors to expand business prospects.
(1) Product Knowledge
- He/She is responsible to receive/gather in time all information regarding product specifications or modifications of existing products, upgrading or extending existing/new products. This information/s is necessary to strengthen product knowledge so that these can be translated and explained clearly to customers.
- He/She keeps up his/her technical knowledge by making suggestions to the management on which continuing education programs may be useful for him/her.
(2) Implementation of favorable conditions to support sales/marketing target achievement
- He/She conducts application and theoretical training for the representatives of the different distributors in the region.
- He/She provides end-user training, as and when necessary
- He/She develops to strengthen the product knowledge of distributors (Eg. Training manual, etc)
- He/She handles product-related complaints and other application issues and provides excellent assistance for troubleshooting purpose/s. He/She maintains regular communication and continuous contact with all the subsidiaries & distributors.
- He/She prepares and submits a monthly activity report to the Supervisor. This report includes activities done in the past month, issue resolved and to resolve, and plan of action for the next 2 months. This monthly report is to be submitted regularly within the 2 workings days of the succeeding month.
- After every business trip, he/she prepares and submits a trip reports to supervisor and country area manager indicating the activities done, recommended action/s, person/s responsible, and other important information which management ought to know. Once prepared, he/she is responsible to ensure that these recommended actions are disseminated to the people concerned for proper implementation. Outcome of the said action/s should be followed up by him /her.
- Minimum : A diploma or degree in Medical Technology or its equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in Medical Technology practices
- Competence in interactive communication, problem solving and decision making
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with ability to communicate complex technical/clinical content in an easy to understand manner
- Good and fluent in both written and oral communication skills including presentation skills
- Conduct with professionalism with strong interpersonal skills and customer focused
- Positive working attitude with a sense of urgency and result oriented
- Able to work independently as well as an effective team player
- Travel requirement: 20% – 40% per year
Interested applicants are invited to write in with a detailed resume, stating current and expected salary to email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.